I thought this Thanksgiving week that it would be wise for us to take a Thanksgiving Quiz. This is not the standard Thanksgiving Quiz, with questions like, “How many turkeys can dance on the head of a pin?” Instead, the questions are more about your own heart of thankfulness.
So — let’s give it a try. There are ten T/F questions. Count every one you say “true” to:
- I follow Jesus’ example and give thanks for meals (John 6:11).
- When I sing songs to God, I am purposefully thanking him for his goodness to me.
- I have personally given thanks to God for his mercy in the past week (Psalm 136).
- I thank God for hard things that come into my life because of how he uses them to change my heart.
- I thank God for my church family.
- When I place my tithes and offerings in the plate, I am expressing my thanks to God.
- I thank God that I can do things for him (1 Timothy 1:12).
- I give thanks because I know it pleases God.
- When I catch myself being ungrateful, I apologize to God and thank him for his grace.
- I am careful not to give thanks simply with my lips, but also with heart.
How did you do? I hope you scored a ten, but whether you did well or not, it’s good to talk about being thankful. In this podcast, you discover three characteristics of thankful people.